Sunday, August 1, 2010

Let's see what happens

So, here it goes. I'm a makeup Artist in the LA Area. (obviously, because if you're reading this you probably know me) But it's been a struggle. I've had a few low budget jobs and I got my name listed on IMDB (which I was pretty excited about) but unfortunately it's not paying the bills. Which forces me to look for another job who will be ok with the time I take off to do films. So far there's nothing. I've even started applying to places and jobs where I have no experience whatsoever, just in case. Though I did get on to a feature which will be funded but thats not shooting until the middle of September and on to October. So my problem is finding a job, saving enough money to get out of my apartment and find someplace else to live, and be able to take the time off for the feature. If I can't find a job then I'm still moving out, but back to Newport, which is a commute to LA. It's not bad, and I would rather do that then stay where I am, but it's a little inconvenient when I do have a gig. So there are my problems! HA! Onto being a new makeup artist!

I graduated from MUD in March and have already gotten a few features and countless little jobs. Even though they don't pay much or even at all, they're still worth every minute. I love it! I have met so many great people on these sets! The funny thing to me is that on every set, when I'm done for a while and just sitting there spacing out, someone is always worried that I'm bored and not having a good time. I may get bored, but I'm always having a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment